This is my first ever venture into info product creation. I chose a subject that is close to my (broken) heart. An event that happened to me recently. It’s not all bad that came out of that experience. It gave me a topic for me and an opportunity to explore and experiment. In this post, I’m sharing with you how I created the info product called “Curing A Broken Heart”.
These are the major steps:
1. Purchase PLR
I went with the PLR route because that is the fastest way to have a product. I researched products available on this subject and I found one with the exact title “Curing Your broken heart: How to get over that special someone”. I purchased my product but that’s not the end. With PLR, I have the liberty to customize it. Going through the ebook I purchased, it’s necessary. I corrected the document format and spelling mistakes, rephrased and corrected some some sentences and grammar. I bought and added suitable graphics. After all the changes, my copy looks better than the original.
2. Brainstorm and buy suitable domain name
I selected a name closest to my keyword that is available. I’m fortunate to get this: http://curingbrokenheart.com/
3. Install WordPress
- I installed it manually. If you need help in this, follow the instruction here: http://azarepuasa.com/wordpress/wordpress-manual-installation/
- I used Genesis theme since it has landing page template.
4. Convert HTML page to wordpress
The product comes with landing, sales page and download page. All written in HTML format. I did not use it as is. Instead, I took the extra effort to put it into a wordpress site. I tried ‘copy and paste’ the HTML code directly into wordpress page but the pages did not turned out correctly on Firefox. This needs more expertise. So I outsourced this task to an Elance contractor. It took about a week to get a wordpress site done. (Leave me a comment if you need some tips on outsourcing this task).
5. Finishing touches
- I installed the necessary plugins. These includes:
- Google Analyticator. For Google Analytics.
- Count per day. To monitor traffic to the site.
- Backupwordpress. Provides an automated schedule backup for my site.
- With the help of Keyword Research Pro, I SEO’ed the page.
- I created and added Paypal button
Done. This is the finished product: http://curingbrokenheart.com/
Now what is left is to direct traffic to this site.
Important: If you do use WordPress for your info product site, remember to test and check that your 404 page does not list the download page.