I’m back after a long absence here. I’m using this entry for easy reference in future. I won’t be changing printer any time soon and I’m using Linux most of the time now. I was figuring out how to install my printer on my Fedora. I’m having 13 currently. I found an installation guide in the Ubuntu forum here:
Those steps are for Ubuntu and i have to customize some of the commands for usage in fedora. Like rpm instead of dpkg, service restart to restart cups and system-config-printer to invoke cups setup page.
I referenced to the steps and came up with the steps suitable for fedora:
- Download iP2200_Linux_260.tar.gz and unpack it.
# tar -xzvf iP2200_Linux_260.tar.gz
- Delete the cnijfilter-common-2.60-1.src.rpm as it is not required.
# rm cnijfilter-common-2.60-1.src.rpm
- Run the remaining rpms. I have to install the dependencies to successfully run the rpms. There’s 2. gtk+ and libxml
# yum install gtk+
# yum install libxml
# rpm -ihv cnijfilter-common-2.60-1.i386.rpm
# rpm -ihv cnijfilter-ip2200-2.60-1.i386.rpm
# rpm -ihv cnijfilter-ip2200-lprng-2.60-1.i386.rpm
- Not sure if this is required but i just followed the steps and create symbolic links.
# ln -s /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 /usr/lib/libpng.so.3
# ln -s /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 /usr/lib/libxml.so.1
# ln -s /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 /usr/lib/libpng.so.2
# ln -s /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3
- As mention, Step 7 in the guide is optional. I just open the editor to view the content of this file.
# vi /usr/share/cups/model/canonip2200.ppd
- Restart the cups serviceservice cups status
# service cups stop
# service cups restart
- Finally, i used printer configuration page.system-config-printer
Followed the instruction mentioned.
- Choose Canon IP1300 USB # entry
- When asked choose to manually choosea PPD file browse to /usr/share/cups/model/canonip2200.ppd
- Apply all settings and close wizard
I printed the test page button. And it works!!