Too late. I read the instruction not to update to 3.6 after I updated my ShopperPress theme site. I thought the update went fine until I had problems with the products post. I wanted to edit the description text for a new Amazon.com product i just imported and I notice the Short Description is gone. I can only see tabs for the Listing Options but not able to switch to these tabs.
hmmm…If only I had read this earlier:
The fix provided in there doesn’t work for me. And the instruction is not to update until the patch is available. I can’t work with a broken ShopperPress backend. My way out to this downgrade to the older version 3.5.2. It’s actually quite simple:
- Download version WordPress v3.5.2 to your computer’s hard drive. I downloaded the .zip file.
- Log-in to backend. Deactivate all plugins and log-out.
- Upload the which i got earlier in step 1 to the root of the website. I use Filezilla.
- Login to cPanel. Use the file manager extract the .zip file. The contents will uncompressed to a “wordpress” folder
- Go into “wordpress” folder and move everything in here except wp-content folder to the root of the website.
- Login back to the backend. Click on the button when WordPress will prompt a request to update the database.
That’s it. My products page is back to normal.